Tuesday 10 December 2013

Easy 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies


Hi, my name is Cassie and I'm addicted to Peanut Butter.

No, truly I am.


I'm one of those people who eat it by the spoonful, mix it through ice cream and custard as well. 
FYI: Definitely try the custard idea - you won't regret it! 


So when I had to decide what cookies to make for the Cookie Swap it was easy to decide. I had seen an easy PB cookie recipe on numerous sites that had 3 ingredients - Sugar, Egg and PB. But upon doing my test run, I found they were a bit crumbly; which would not do well for shipping! I upped the PB amount a bit to help bind it and then added some choc chips in - because everything is better with Chocolate! I haven't heard anything from MiaFatima or Erika...so fingers crossed they stayed in one piece!


Easy 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Yields 12

Ingredients

1 cup White Sugar (plus 2 Tblspns in a separate bowl)
1 Egg
1 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 175C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients together. 
3. Roll out balls of dough (about 1 Tblspn in size) on the baking trays. 
4. Dip a fork into the bowl of Sugar and push onto the top of the dough balls twice to make a criss-crossed pattern. 
5. Repeat for all dough balls. 
6. Cook for 8-10mins and allow to cool before moving to a wire rack. 
7. Enjoy! 

**NB: In order to get the right amount for the swap, I tripled this recipe**



From Fati, I got Double Chocolate Cookies with Hazelnuts.


From Erika, I got Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies.


And from Faaiza, I got Espresso Meringue Cookies.

Thank you so much you lovely ladies - I enjoyed all of these!! And I can't wait to give them all a try at home :) xx




4 comments:

  1. Glad you received the cookies and enjoyed them. BTW, if you're starting a group "Peanut Butter Addicts Anonymous" please sign me up, I'm right there with you with my peanut butter addiction. I just posted my cookie swap recipe today. Check it out here :)
    http://modestmunchies.com/2013/12/11/espresso-meringue-cookies-with-choc-almond-bottoms/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha noted - I'm sure it would be a pretty popular idea ;) If only Peanut Butter Cups were available more (and at a cheaper price) here in SA! I saw - I can't wait till Christmas business is over to give them a try :)

      Delete
  2. Nooooo! I never received mine! Stupid stupid mail! Haha and even more hilarious is that we pretty much used the same recipe. Goes figure. Thanks so much for sending Cassie - hopefully they'll turn up just at the right moment when I need a sugar hit again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?!? That's heaps bad! I'll follow it up with Australia Post and see what's happened! That is pretty funny that we made almost the same cookies ;) Awww I hope they turn up soon!!

      Delete