Tuesday 3 September 2013

Sprout Cooking Course Part 3


Now for the best part - Dessert (aka. Part 3)....

Peanut Crumble, Peanut Butter Custard with Grilled Bananas :) :)

This is just a combination of all my favourite things - Peanuts, Peanut Butter and Bananas. When I read this was dessert, I almost fainted...ok, so I didn't, but my taste buds did :P


And as you can see that I enjoyed it incredibly - this was one step away from licking it clean...

So the crumble section was basically peanuts blitzed in a food processor with some sugar to a fine crumble.


Before this night, I had never made custard from scratch (I know, I know, such a blasphemy!), but I've grown up in a house where packet custard is the best thing since sliced bread and that from-scratch-custard is the hardest thing in the world...BUT this was so incredibly easy that I've made it numerous times since!!! And it's so easy to get the Peanut Butter flavour - you just mix in your favourite Peanut Butter spread at the very end :)


Then we just pan fried some sliced banana to get a "grilled" effect for it...

Are you hungry yet?? Be Brave and do something you haven't done before, like me with the custard!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment