Friday 16 August 2013

Flourless Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies

In all my time in being Gluten Free, I've been hesitant to try out these Gluten Free flour mixes - I've gotten it in my head that they'll never be as good, so I just won't try them. That means that whenever I find a good looking flourless recipe, I'm eager to try it. Enter these Chocolate Chip Cookies...


These are just amazing and chewy and wonderful! They taste a lot like a chocolatey chip meringue...slightly crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. They were incredibly simple to make and made so many - if I made them smaller, I could definitely have made more. 


Flourless Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yields about 40 Cookies

Ingredients

3 Cups Icing Sugar
2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
2-4 Large Egg Whites, room temperature
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips

Directions

1. Pre heat your oven to 175°C/350°F.

2. Set aside 2 baking trays covered with Baking Paper.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the Icing Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Salt.


4. Whisk in Vanilla and Egg Whites, starting with just 2.

5. Beat until the batter is moistened. You're looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudge batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another Egg White, then a 4th if need be*.


6. Stir in the Chocolate Chips.


7. Scoop the batter by the tablespoon on to trays, leaving enough space for the batter to spread.

8. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops are glossy and slightly cracked. 


9. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy!




*I ended up using all 4, but I reckon it was because my eggs weren't large enough, so keep that in mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment